Friday 4 May 2012

I survived

Well I survived last night though covered in bruises from lugging a tyre round an assault course consisting of hills to run up, dykes to clamber over a bog to run through ( and I'm so short it was up past my knees! The secrets to KEEP moving) streams to run through and more hills to run up. It was an experience and extremely mucky. In the middle of all the pain ( no pain no gain!) I looked up to see a para glider soaring above us and was instantly reminded of Isaiah 40 28-31 "But those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength, they shall rise up on wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary they shall walk and not faint." A passage the Lord spoke to me years ago about my call to serve Him. It was as if He was saying I'm still here and it still holds good. A minute later a swan flew over majestic and beautiful a blessing just to behold. So though I wasn't just weary last night I was absolutely knackered I was blessed and renewed in Spirit. God knows just what we need and when we need it. Today I can hardly move am covered in bruises but I feel the Lords on my side.

No comments:

Post a Comment