Monday 4 June 2012

Chill axing

Having had the run up to assessment then four funerals in a week the youngest child and I have come away for a few days to relax. Funny day yesterday with three services, the usual two in the morning which went okay then the big jubilee service for the area in the afternoon. The church was packed it was an all age ecumenical service with EVERYTHING scripted. Did it hit the spot? Well as a celebration of the queens jubilee I suppose it did. As a Christian worship service it was sadly lacking. Am I being too critical? Maybe so perhaps let's just say it brought the whole community ( and more) together and the choir was great singing Rutters arrangement of For the Beauty of the Earth. We certainly know in our wee town how to put on a celebration! So now for a few days relaxation and reflection then home to prepare for my first outing as a Final Preaching Assessor I need to look as if I've done this loads of times am feeling huge weight of responsibility eek!

No comments:

Post a Comment