Tuesday 5 June 2012

Flashback

I was taken back in time tonight, about thirty odd years when an elderly couple were leaving the restaurant i realised they were my minister and his wife who were instrumental in leading me to the Lord aged only 14, a couple who truly lived out their faith in a difficult ans deprived parish, a couple to whom I owe a great debt for their nurture of me as a young Christian, in spite of their own difficulties and a couple who still exhibit the love and grace off Christ. Tempis Fugit indeed! How lovely to meet a couple who were so influential in my formative years and who have in spite of the fact their youngest son died four years ago aged thirty six remained grounded in their faith. I was really humbled to meet them again and reminded of how supportive they were of me through my teenage years. So Dennis & Norma thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment