Sunday 27 October 2013

Communion!

Took my first service of communion today! I was nervous/ excited disbelieving that I could do it and it was amazing. As I stood there before the communion table I realised the enormity of what I was doing. I felt so privileged and so in Gods place for me. The only glitch was the elders were all there in BLACK TIES! I mean Why? Isn't this supposed to be a celebration of he Lords Supper. Just being a lowly locum I can't make any sweeping changes but if I could that would be the first. That and having all the elders served first even when they're not on duty and all sitting on the chancel behind the pulpit! The youngest child who came with me remarked on this.  But anyway a momentous day.

1 comment:

  1. Good to hear it went well. I'm totally with you re-the black ties and elders first. At least the children were in and not excluded.

    ReplyDelete