Monday 15 July 2013

First Baptism

First baptism accomplished and no damage! I had a wonderful welcome to church on Sunday, my first as an ordained minister and wearing my collar with pride if somewhat self consciously! The congregation surprised we with a congratulatory beautiful bouquet of flowers and some very kind words. My daughter came along to lend some moral support and after the service commented on how much she enjoyed it and how confident I seemed during the baptism ( I was really nervous!) but the family were lovely and the baby was a wee star. Sitting in the vestry beforehand I was overwhelmed by a feeling of  complete and utter joy and also thankfulness that God doesn't call the enabled he enables the called and He has been with me every step if the way. This congregation I'm locumming for apparently would like me as their minister ( very encouraging for me but sadly not possible) but I know that at the moment I'm in the place God wants me to be and He's put me there for a reason.  Lucy the dogs Dad asked me if I felt different now and I think I do but whole lot of reflecting needs to be done on last week when I come down to earth again. As well as my excitement the other ministering the house celebrated his 25th anniversary of ordination on Friday so we have been inundated with flowers cake and alcohol! Looking at the photo on the front of his order of service from 25 years ago its apparent theres some two thirds of him that haven't been ordained! He's certainly three times the man he was then!

No comments:

Post a Comment