Monday 3 September 2012

Feeling a failure

     I Like this quote I dislike this quote

“If ever there is tomorrow when we're not together.. there is something you must always remember. you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. but the most important thing is, even if we're apart.. i'll always be with you.”

Keeping my dear old friend company on his final journey and tonight he asked me to pray for him and all I could do was cry. I can tend all his physical needs it seems but when it comes to spiritual I failed him miserably I was so caught up in my selfish grief at not having him around any more.  Why was it so difficult to offer a simple prayer when I do it almost daily during visits. Not an easy shout this, but. He wants to be at home till the end so I'll need to get some back bone and not let him down.!

2 comments:

  1. To make another AA Milne quote:

    "“Some people care too much. I think it's called love."

    Showing you care is no bad thing. Your old man will (and probably does) understand much more than you realise. Though the words may not come, God still hears your prayers and understands too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for that, Can't get too much of Winnie the Pooh, once preached a whole sermon on him.

    grateful for your support.

    ReplyDelete