Monday 3 June 2013

Locuming

Started as locum in a vacant charge yesterday! What a sense of responsibility I felt towards my fostered flock. I was pretty nervous but they were all really lovely and welcoming and the feedback was really positive, there was only one wee girl in the Sunday School but we had a wee chat together and involved the congregation in the childrens talk too. Now that the first Sunday is over and I know where things are etc it'll be a great experience hopefully for both congregation and me. So now I have to get a programme of parish visitation together but be realistic as to what I can do in one day plus a Sunday. This is where I put into practice my learning and serving covenant and  show that I can in fact say no when I have to:) it's all getting to seem very real now and I love it:)

No comments:

Post a Comment