Sunday 10 March 2013

Whew!

What a truly amazing day we had on Friday. From start to finish it was just about perfect. The bride was breathtakingly beautiful, (I know I'm biased but think Audrey Hepburn/graceKelly combined) she was so poised and elegant, the groom handsome, bridesmaids wonderfully supportive. Father of  the bride gave her away and also officiated at the marriage, shedding a few tears overcome with emotion ( which made me look bad as I didn't!) the service was so personal with the minister where I was attached and in whose church the wedding took place, conducting the rest of the service. There was so much laughter and joy in the whole week it was mind blowing and really special. The venue was a fairy tale complete with fireworks laid on as a surprise. It made me realise how blessed we are to have such wonderful friends. Cars supplied by undertaker as a gift ( not hearses but huge Toyota something's) which they filled with balloons after the service for the journey tothereception. DVD by another friend all fantastic acts of kindness. Happy couple now in Mexico on honeymoon! Back to reality essay time again and leading worship at my old attachment (my supervisor told me to have a day off) I was amazed by the comments at the end of the service when so many people remarked on a new maturity and depth in my preaching. So many people saw a change, which I must put down to the last five months at my placement taking on board my supervising ministers comments. I must admit I felt I was preaching with a new authority. It has been a weekend of heightened emotions and sadly our old Westie Lucy died this afternoon. So much packed in to one weekend,  its going to take a while to top this! One wedding down heading towards the next in June!



No comments:

Post a Comment