Wednesday 3 October 2012

Day 2

I am amazed  that I am still here sitting by my Old Mans bedside how can the human body go on with no food, little fluid but with a heart that continues to beat. It was a very peaceful night. I was aware of a deep sense of peace. Apparently hearing is the last sense to go so I waited till I was settling down for the night before I took his earring I'd out  I chatted to him and said goodnight fully expecting every time I woke up to find he'd stopped breathing, I've come to realise that our lives are very much in Gods time and He wills the span and the time, I'm supposed to take two services on Sunday doing pulpit supply at the church where I take up my probationary post hitherto following week, dilemma do I call them today and say I won't be able to take the services  ( will I be in any state emotionally) don't know what to do but think I want to be at my own church receiving instead of ministering.

2 comments:

  1. Personally, I'd let the puplit supply church know you just can't do it. Given the circumstances, I'm sure they will understand.

    You and your old man remain in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for that. I did contact session clerk, it was absolutely fine. District nurse said I had to " be kind to myself" I do feel surrounded by prayer and quite calm most of the time, though the odd wobble seems to creep up on me, I just wish for him it would be over

      Delete